||[14 Feb 2007|01:44am]
Could you please come a little sooner.
I have a feeling you will make my life a whole lot better.
||[08 Dec 2006|11:07am]
IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE MOST AWESOME GREETING CARD EVER
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS
p.s. all comments will be screened
||[29 Nov 2006|11:13pm]
I can't wait to make my first snow angel in Chicago.
I really hope it snows more than 2 inches tomorrow.
I'm going ice-skating tomorrow at Millenium Park with a cute Irish boy who looks like Joey McIntyre.
I haven't had a cigarette in 48 hours and I hope I don't have one for the rest of my life.
I have a job interview for a part time position teaching Adobe Acrobat to beginning computer users.
This week has thrown all sorts of good things at me.
Now all thats left is for me to throw the bad out.
|hey! remember me?!
||[28 Nov 2006|12:41am]
001. What is Your Name? Shawna B!
002. How old are you? 24
003. What is the link to your website/blog/myspace? you're looking at is smart pants
004. Gender? fem-bot
005. F you were born the oppisite sex what would your name be? trogdor
006. Age you act? either 15 or 57
007. Grade? i'm a working class girl now
008. Age you want to be? 19
009. Righty or lefty? Depends on the Activity
Love and stuff
010. Single? you could assume that
011. Who are you with or who do you want to be with? scott weiland
012. Have you ever been in love and if so how many times? once, but i doubt the feeling was mutal
013. How many were sexual? The Faint has a really good song about sex.
014. When was the last time you played truth or dare? about a year ago
015. Who did you play with? A bunch of friends at an ice cream social.
016. What was the last dare you had to? i always take truth
017. Do you beleive you should be in love to have sex? No. but it's better when you love someone.
018. How far have you gone? I usually don't go any further than around the block while my master walks me on a leash.
Right at this moment...
019. Where are you? the bedroom
020. What can you see out your window? The curtains are closed.
021. Are you lonely or tired? Sometimes, but right now I have a clan of midgets here with me and were having a pretty swell time.
022. Use 5 words to decribe how you are feeling: disaffected, miffed, hopeful, hungry, sticky
023. Are you talking to anyone online? if so who? No.
024. What are you doing? Obviously filling this out.
List 5 things and the brand of what you are wearing right now
025. Jeans - Old Navy
026. Cardigan - Thrift Store
027. Tank Top - Old Navy
028. Socks - TJ MAXX
029. Underwear - Target
030. Do you smoke? I'm in transition.
031. Do you have low self-esteem?: Yes, but I usually try not to admit it or act like it.
032. Have you ever been to NYC? No, but I have a really great reason to go there now.
033. Do you have any birthmarks? Yea.
034. Do you get online a lot? Usually once a day.
035. have u ever pulled an all nighter? where? Back in the college days. Thank goodness for Adderall.
036. When was last time you skinny dipped? Does taking a bath count?
037. Who were you with? Nessy.
038. What is a secret people would be surprised knowing? I have hair on my big toes.
039. Have you ever looked at porn? Me and John Holmes used to date.
040. Do you sleep with the room door open or closed? Closed and locked.
041. Do you have a curfew? I make my own rules. Well most of them.
042. Do you have a cell phone? You betchya.
043. What name brand of clothes do you wear the most? Old Navy. Torrid. H&M. Thrift.
044. Do you like takin pictures? Oh yes.
045. Do you like gettin your picture taken? Not since I started getting bags under my eyes.
046. Do you have your own pool? no
047. Do you prefer boxers or briefs? boxer briefs. sexiest.
048. Are you overweight?: you could say that
049. Do you have a lot of ex's? no
050. What does your ex bf/gf look like? tall, handsome, and red
051. What was the last compliment you recieved? "You look Italian"
052. Do you like getting dirty? *blush*
053. Are you flexiable? actually yes. i sleep in very odd positions.
054. Would you ever date someone younger than you? i did once. probably not again, but who knows. maybe when i'm 70 and he's 30.
055. Would you ever date someone older than you? defenitely
056. When was the last time you were drunk? two days ago with mike G! We painted the town red!
057. When was the last time you went on a date? About 3 weeks ago.
058. Do you ever cry to get your way? No. My tear ducts do not work anymore.
059. Are you the romantic type? Yea I guess.
060. Do you enjoy talking about gross and disturbing things?: most defenitely. POOP!
061. What do you like least about your body? see no. 48
062. Do you ever wear shirts do show your belly? not intentionally
063. What about cleavage? i don't like exposing my assests.
064. Is your best friend a virgin? ha. no.
065. What size shoe do you wear? 10 or 11
066. When was the last time you were at a party? I threw a party at my dad's house last time I was in michigan, and that was about a month ago. I pretty much stick to the bar's though.
067. Has there ever been a rumor spread about you? I'm sure.
068. Are you more of a mommys or daddys child? Both.
069. Would you ever hook up with the same sex? I have when I was a lot younger, but I have no interest now.
070. How many true friends do you have? - One.
071. Who is your best friend(s)? - Brad, Amber, Nicole
072. How old are they? - 25, 24, 24
073. Do you prefer to hang out with one friend or a group of friends? both at one time
074. Who do you wish you were closer to? nicole and my mom (distance)
075. Who knows the most about you? myself
076. Who do you trust the most? my mom
077. Who do you talk to on the phone the most? Brad G
078. Name one who's arms you feel safe in: Brad G
079. Who house were you at last? My upstairs neighbor's.
Have you ever
080. Spun until you were so dizzy you couldn't walk? I was framed.
081. Screamed so much you lost your voice? The first time I saw Scott Weiland.
082. Played strip poker? Prefer not to answer.
083. Stripped to your underwear while playing strip poker? no.
084. Had a medical emergency? Stupid knives falling on me.
085. Done something extremely unexpected? No, I'm pretty boring.
086. Been onstage? more times than i can count
087. Whats your biggest fear? being a spinster
088. Do you share a room with anyone? no, but i have 2 roommates
089. Scariest dream? I don't remember my dreams.
090. What was your best dream? see above
091. Would you date some one 5 years older than you? Depends on how big his ears are.
092. Are you clean-shaven?: I try.
093. Whats your greatest strength? euchre
094. What does your underwear look like? hello kitty and rainbows - i buy little girl underwear
095. Do you have any bad habits? i wouldnt be human if i didnt
096. If you could hurt any body who would it be and why? I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to see someone else hurt them so I can watch and laugh.
097. What are your addictions / What do you love? chicago
098. What's your most complimented feature(s)? my eyes
099. Do you think life has been good so far? in retrospect yes. things could always be better though.
100. What did you do last night? again? crossword puzzles
101. Is sex an uncomfortable topic for you? when it's in an inappropriate setting, yes
102. Have you ever worn makeup? I never take it off.
103. How much money do you have right now? 15 dollars in cash and thats about it.
104. Have you ever gone three days without showering? many times.
105. Do you have a rubber bracelet? i have a rubberband ball
|the day the poloroid died
||[01 Oct 2006|02:11pm]
So long poloroid camera. We had some good times. I'll always remember you.
I'm not sure what happened, but I went to use my poloroid today and I got pictures that looked like this. Granted, the duel exposure thing is slightly nifty.
Oh, and I also got the worst haircut of my life yesterday. So much for the two years I've spent trying to grow my hair out.
|MY CAR IS FOR SALE
||[21 Sep 2006|09:26pm]
I'm still trying to sell my car. Well rather my mom is really doing all the work.
If you are anyone you know needs a realiable car at an affordable price. PLEASE CONTACT ME.
This was the best car to me and I'm really sad to sell it, but I obviously don't need a car while I'm living in Chicago.
I really need the money, so if you could help me out by at least spreading the word that would be great.
97 Nissan Sentra
101,000K miles (mostly highway miles from driving from livonia to mt. pleasant)
4 cyl 1.6 litre
Automatic FWD, A/C, Power Steering/Windows/Door Locks/Moon Roof, AM/FM Stereo Single CD/Cassette, Dual Front Air Bags, Alloy Wheels, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control.
Needs two front tires soon. Not original owner - was in accident prior to purchasing, but haven't had ANY problems as a result.
Had about 80,000 miles on it when purchased - I've had no major problems with it.
New alternator 1 month ago, new brakes by dealer about 1-1/2 years ago, oil has been changed regularly.
The Kelley Blue Book price on this is considerably more, however, we are lowering the price to account for new tires.
asking price is $3000
|More Chicago fun.
||[19 Jul 2006|10:12pm]
Egg salad sandwich purched at White Hen = not a very satisfying dinner.
Having my train stop underground for over 5 minutes = scary as hell.
Falling in love with one of my co-workers in only knowing him 5 minutes = pathetic.
Buying maternity clothes @ Old Navy = flattering on chubbeh bellies.
Watching people makeout everywhere = projectile vomit.
Getting hardcore hit on by a scary pimp man with an enormous gold tooth in the subway = fucking priceless.
I'm still loving Chicago.
|Windy city arrival
||[15 Jul 2006|08:24pm]
After years of talking about it, I can now officially say that I am a Chicago resident. It feels absolutely amazing. I have a love hate relationship with my neighborhood of Wicker Park. So far everyone that I've met has been really nice, but I can't help but long for my friends back home. I have so much adjusting to do, but I really am loving it here. I start work on Monday but I went in this week to meet everyone and see where the new store was at. It's right downtown in a big building right on Michigan Ave. It's one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. It right along the Chicago river across from the Chicago Tribune. I stood there for probably an hour taking in deep breaths and thinking "I can't believe this is my life".
One of my favorite parts about my neighborhood is seeing all of the young families. I've seen an abundance of hip tattooed daddies walking along with strollers. It makes me all warm and gooey inside.
Most of the bums around here are nothing like the one's from Detroit. The bums from Detroit never seemed to scare me, they always seemed cool in the fact that they just stood there doing there thing. Here, the bums tend to heckle you and in same cases they've even started to follow me. I was in the park yesterday and one bum walked right up to me with his eyes wide open and then pointed at me. He then started chanting words I could not make out, but appeared pissed. Maybe because the bench I was sitting on was his bed. Who knows.
Public transportation is another huge transition that I've forced myself to make. Leaving my beloved "Bondo" behind, I now take the El Train everywhere and anywhere I need to go. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's actually quite convenient and pretty easy to understand how it all works. The derailment/fire mishap this week surely freaked me the fuck out though. But I can't live my life in fear. I still have have to take the train and that's okay.
I've also just barely started adjusting to our loud neighbors. They are constantly fighting and causing a ruckus. At first it was amusing now its just annoying. Everyday I feel more and more at home, though I'm not sure if I can or will ever call this place a true home. It just feels like an extended vacation.
I would like to tell you how much I miss all of you crazy kids in Michigan. It doesn't feel like home here without you. I would truly love for you to visit.
xoxo Shawna B!
||[19 Jun 2006|09:05pm]
I spent almost 500 dollars at IKEA today.
Life is good.
||[18 Jun 2006|03:32pm]
I am officially freaking out about moving to Chicago in less than two weeks. There is so much to be done and I just can't seem to find the time to get it all done. Don't get me wrong, I'm defenitely excited too. A whole new change of scenery sounds damn nice & I'm excited to get on track as far as looking for a "career".
I've been spending more time with good friends. The thought of leaving these people is very hard. Investing years in great friendships, only to say goodbye. Seems all too familiar when I left college a year ago, only this feels a thousand times worse.
I'm glad I have Amber to do this with though. I couldn't do any of this by myself and certaintly not without her.
I know we're going to have the time of our lives once we are settled into our new habitat. But for now everything is just unsettling and nerve racking. I'll be glad when the last box is unpacked (or packed for that matter). I hate saying that I want to fit in, but that's all I keep thinking about. I'm worried about making new friends, making my way around the city, getting funny looks at people for being "the fat girl", finding a good job, getting mugged, the gang on our street, walking around late at night by myself, and an abundance of other things.
All and all I know this is going to be a good thing... eventually.
||[12 May 2006|10:11pm]
Rain for the next 10 days? SWEET!
Looks like I picked a great weekend to go on vacation. Especially one that requires public transportation and apartment hunting. FABULOUS!
Chicago here I come!
||[06 May 2006|11:54am]
Today is my birthday, and it's already started out to be an amazing day. I'm at work right now and I just had 2 dozen roses delivered to me from my favorite titanium tatooed tight, NICOLE! I started crying when I got them because I was overwhelmed with joy, keep in mind I never cry. I've never had someone go out of their way to have flowers delivered to me, it was quite special.
I also invested in a birthday gift for myself, and I'm sorry but no one can out beat this gift....
I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER TODAY.
Happy 24th to me.
p.s. Please come to the Bronx in Detroit to celebrate with me. It will probably be my last birthday in Michigan.
||[18 Apr 2006|07:21pm]
You may have seen on the news a man who was arrested for being a serial theif. He has been breaking into cars for over a month and stealing personal and valuable items. Our parking lot was hit last weekend in broad daylight, but no one caught glimpse of him. The guy had nerver to show his face again this past Saturday. If there is any good out of me being a smoker, I guess this would be it. I went outside to have a cigarette with my boss on and we caught this bastard in the act. It happened so fast that I didn't get a good look at him, but we chased his car as far as we could run and managed to get his license plate number. All of the news stations gave credit to some some bitch at CVS who also took down his license plate number the day after I did. I guess I shall remain a silent hero. I'm just thankful that they caught the piece of scum.
Later that evening I ended up going to see Metric for the 3rd time. It was my least favorite of all their shows I have been to, but that doesn't mean shit because it was still an incredible show. The venue was at St. Andrews and I haven't been there since I was probably 19 (back in my scenester days). Everyone there was young and obnoxious. I'm glad that I had Mike and Kendall with me. They were terrific company.
I woke up to find an easter basket sitting on top of my toilet. Amber is the cutest friend/roommate. I love her for fattening me up with sweets.
Sat on my ass most of the day, but I did manage to clean the refrigerator out. It was long past due. I did something productive.
That's all. I hate livejournal. I don't even know why I attempt to write in here anymore.
xo Shawna B!